Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ballet Costumes

I thought I had until December 6 to complete the four costumes for our winter ballet performance. Then Ms. Laurie reminded me Wednesday evening, November 5th, that they had to be done for Caberet performances at Ephrata High School. Dress rehearsals were to start on Monday, November 10. The fabric is "squirrely" and terrible to work with. I had ONE finished by Saturday evening and the rest finished on Tuesday night by 5:00pm. Rehearsal was at 6:00 that night, so they all had costumes for the Tuesday and Wednesday practices. Whew!!! The girls wear them over their white tutus. It is for the "Chinese" dance from the Nutcracker Ballet. So if you have been wondering why I haven't been online...now you know.

I need to give Phil some credit here also. I wanted some "sticks" for their hair buns and had one pair I borrowed from one of the girls. Phil got some doweling...and I don't know how he did it, but he made 4 pairs which I painted red and gold. Adding a red flower completed the look. He was our hero!!

1 comment:

Urie's said...

WOW, They turned out great. I love them. Great work mom. Got to love sewing. the result is fun to see.