Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pictures from the Past

My cousin, Rosemary, drove Terri and I around Sarasota, Florida to see some "childhood memory" places. This is the corner of DeSoto Road and Lockwoodridge Road in Sarasota. I used to stand on that corner to catch the bus when I was in the 1st, 2nd and part of the 3rd grade. My Grandmother owned the lots at that time. I was standing near her house when I took this picture last month. There was no traffic signals then...over 60 years ago...and little traffic. At that time it was five miles out of town. Not so now.
Below is Fruitville Elementary School which I attended those years. My brother, Preston, went
to school there also. It has been expanded and is still in use. It is interesting to note on the plaque visible over the door, it says "In God We Trust". Love it!

No comments: