Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Phil's Sense of Humor

Here's the story. The little garden set needed to be welded and painted for years. While I was gone on the trip to Arizona/Florida...he got the job done and took a picture that one of the kids was supposed to put on my blogspot to surprise me. It didn't happen, but here is the garden set, with the ADDITION of a stuffed gorilla Phil bought long ago at a garage sale. It has ridden in his truck in the passenger seat, unexpectedly confronted overnight guests entering the guest room, and scared grandchildren who have stumbled on it. Never know where it will turn up. He has too much fun with it.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I can't believe he still has that gorilla!!!! Too funny. Hey, and don't blame me not posting the picture -- no one ever sent it to me....this is the first I've seen it.

Barbara said...

Oh no, Teresa, we weren't blaming anyone. I didn't really ask him what his whole plan was. Just that he was going to surprise me or something. It was more fun for ME to do it and get to write the story!!
Phil said to tell you that getting rid of the gorilla would be like getting rid of a family member!! (Yeah, right)

Urie's said...

I think we should get the last laugh and put that gorilla in his coffin when he dies. Bahahahahahaha

Barbara said...

So, does that mean I have to be buried with the "ugly basket"?